Steps to calling a pastor
- - Notify the Circuit Counselor that a vacancy exists.
- - Arrange for the District President's pre-call meeting.
- - Initiate the congregational self-study process.
- - Check the constitution of the congregation to find out the congregational procedure for calling a Pastor.
- - Make arrangements for a vacancy Pastor.
- - Send self-study and associated documents to District President.
- - Receive nominations from the congregation for the office of Pastor.
- - Send the names of suggested Pastors to the District President.
- - Publish the call list -- District returns the recommended call list to the congregation/Circuit Counselor verifies the Pastors' openness to a call.
- - Call committee conducts pre-call telephone interviews for each Pastor.
- Contact District President and Circuit Counselor regarding the date for the first call meeting of the congregation.
- Per Epiphany bylaws, the General Assembly shall vote on the candidates, and a call shall be extended to the one receiving a majority of the votes (if call is returned, the process shall be repeated until the vacancy is filled).
- Prepare a letter that will be sent to the Pastor-Elect along with the call document, describing the congregation, the facilities, the community, the challenges, the opportunities, etc.
- Make arrangements for a visit from the Pastor-Elect and his wife.
- After the call is accepted, contact the District President, and the Circuit Counselor to make arrangements for the service of the installation.
Email address: email@example.com