Mission work for the Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod in Tallahassee, Florida, began in the early part of 1949 with the first service being held April 3, 1949, at the Florida Theatre in downtown Tallahassee. From this mission a formal congregation was organized, choosing the name Epiphany Lutheran Church and adopting a constitution on May 11, 1950.
In July 1966 the congregation purchased four acres on Thomasville Road and began planning for a new facility to accommodate it’s rapid growth. The new church at 3208 Thomasville Road was completed and dedicated on January 18, 1970.
In the fall of 1981, Epiphany decided to follow the lead of Lutheran churches worldwide by starting a preschool for 3 and 4 year olds. In 1982, kindergarten/first grade were added and in the years that followed the school program expanded to Kindergarten through 5th Grade.
Because of the continued growth of church membership, school enrollment, and the desire for a place to hold fellowship activities, the necessity to expand became evident. The congregation began to look at options for gaining more space. In 1992, after expansion on the Thomasville site was ruled out because of City of Tallahassee zoning restrictions, Epiphany changed it’s relocation focus to the growing Northeast portions of Leon County.
In 1995, a three year capital fund raiser was begun for new facilities and on July 14, 1996, after a year-long, thorough review of the site and county building regulations, the congregation voted to move the present church from the Thomasville Road property to our current location in Killearn Lakes.
For nearly seven decades Epiphany Lutheran Church has been blessed mightily by God and the path He has chosen for our congregation. Through our church services, adult education, youth programs, preschool, outreach, and many diverse ministries we continue to strive to live our vision With God’s help to make lifelong, committed followers of Jesus, Here, There, & Everywhere.